The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa School of Travel Industry Management will be the leading hospitality, tourism, and transportation education and knowledge creation program in Hawai‘i and the Asia-Pacific region.
To develop and disseminate hospitality, tourism, and transportation concepts, knowledge, and skills through global leadership in teaching, research, training, and outreach. These activities contribute to economic, socio-cultural, and environmental sustainability, including supporting and enriching host cultures.
- Excellence - Promote and practice the highest standards of teaching, research, training, and outreach.
- Critical Thinking - Promote and practice free, independent, and reasoned analysis of issues.
- Integrity - Promote and practice the highest standards of ethics and accountability
- Respect - Promote and practice acceptance of diverse perspectives and cultures.
- Sustainability - Promote and practice protection and enhancement of economic, environmental, and sociocultural resources.